MINIMALLY INVASIVE ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY: PARTIAL HIP REPLACEMENT
Patients who suffer from ongoing hip problems often lead lives that are limited by pain, joint instability and a fear of falling. NJ hip surgeon Robert A. Kayal, MD specializes in diagnosing and treating hip pain—so patients of all ages may return to a full, active lifestyle. While some people need a full hip replacement to restore their quality of life, others may require only a partial hip replacement to address one part of their hip joint. Typically, partial hip replacement involves:
1. Leaving the pelvic socket (acetabulum) intact, and replacing only the femur head, or
2. Affixing a prosthetic device over the femur head, which allows the joint to function smoothly.
Benefits of Partial Hip Replacement
There are a variety of benefits to partial hip replacement, including:
- Reduced post-operative pain and trauma
- Same day return from hospital
- Improved joint stability and range of motion
- Pain-free movement
- Expedited return to work and activity
Tired of hip pain? To schedule your orthopedic appointment, or speak with Dr. Kayal and his NJ orthopethic surgical team about partial hip replacement, call or email Kayal Orthopaedic Center, PC today. With offices convenient to Bergen County, Passaic County, Hudson County and Essex County, our growing NJ orthopedic practice reaches thousands of patients – and is one of the most reknowned facilities in the region.