The Expert Care You Deserve
Edward A. Lin, M.D. grew up in Flushing, Queens and attended Stuyvesant High School in New York, where he distinguished himself with a perfect 1600 SAT score. He subsequently enrolled in the 8-year combined BA/MD program at New York University, where he graduated summa cum laude with honors in biology. He completed his medical degree at NYU School of Medicine, where he received multiple awards and graduated with honors in orthopaedic surgery. Dr. Lin went on to complete his orthopaedic surgery residency at the NYU-Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York. NYU is one of the highest ranked orthopaedic residency programs in the country. He then finished his training at the renowned Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship Program at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. Lin is an expert in the management of all upper extremity conditions, especially those affecting the fingers/hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. He is the author of numerous publications in the medical literature, and has written on the topics of cartilage regeneration, bone fracture healing, and nerve injury. He has given numerous lectures and presentations to other orthopaedic surgeons throughout the country.
Dr. Lin specializes in hand and upper extremity surgery, which includes the surgical and non-surgical treatment of the following conditions:
- Fingers/Hand — Fractures and dislocations, thumb pain/arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon and nerve injury, trigger finger, sports injury, nerve compression, Dupuytren’s contracture, arthritis, circulation problems, finger injuries/deformities, stiffness, ligament injury, nail problems, rheumatoid arthritis, infections, joint replacement.
- Wrist — Fracture, sports injury, cartilage injury, arthritis, cysts, ligament and tendon injuries, impaction syndrome, Kienbock’s disease, wrist arthroscopy.
Elbow — Fracture, dislocation, tennis elbow, sports injury, tendon injury, nerve compression, cartilage injury, ligament tears, arthritis, stiffness, elbow arthroscopy, elbow replacement.
- Shoulder — Rotator cuff tear, impingement/bursitis, labral tear, biceps tendonitis/rupture, sports injury, fracture, nerve/brachial plexus injury, arthritis, shoulder arthroscopy, shoulder replacement.
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship Program
- Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship Program
- New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases
- New York University School of Medicine
- New York University, College of Arts and Sciences,
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology