Leader in the Medical Community
Dr. Edward C. Friedland, MD, is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who has been active in the medical community throughout the 40+ years he has been in practice.
After completing his undergraduate degree, medical school, an internship and a general surgical residency, Dr. Friedland served two years as a medical officer in the U.S. Air Force. On completing his military tour, Dr. Friedland moved to New Jersey, where he finished an orthopedic surgical residency at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Paterson. He has been in the active practice of orthopedic surgery here in New Jersey since August 1968.
In January 1970, he was appointed Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, a position that he maintained up to 2004. In December of 1965, Dr. Friedland contributed to Military Medicine, with a piece on an unusual case of synovial osteochondromatosis of the ankle.
- New York University, 1957
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 1961
- Professional Degree, M.D.
- American College of Surgeons Fellowship
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Fellowship
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURES:
- New Jersey 1965 #20685
- New York 1962 #87792
- California 1963 #G11504
- American Medical Association
- Bergen County Medical Society
- Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- The Royal Society of Medicine