Restoring You To Pain-Free Performance
Dr. Amit Sood, MD, specializes in the comprehensive management of all disorders of the shoulder utilizing shoulder arthroscopy, reconstruction and replacement, including total shoulder arthroplasty and reverse shoulder arthroplasty.
He also provides full orthopedic care with the non-surgical and surgical management of disorders involving the elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot. Treatment includes general orthopedics, fractures and total joint arthroplasty, including hip and knee replacement.
During his fellowship, Dr. Sood trained with internationally respected shoulder surgeons, including Dr. Jon JP Warner, Dr. Lawrence Higgins and Dr. Matthew Provencher. Dr. Sood further advanced his training by completing a visiting international travelling shoulder fellowship in France, where he trained with world-renowned shoulder surgeons including Dr. Laurent Lafosse, Dr. Pascal Boileau and Dr. Gilles Walch.
Dr. Sood has authored various peer-reviewed scientific papers, surgical techniques and book chapters. He has presented his research at national and international meetings, and he has also given lectures and presentations to his colleagues at orthopedic conferences across the country.
- Medical College of Wisconsin, 2009
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2001–2005
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Harvard Combined Orthopedic Surgery Program
- Boston Shoulder Institute
- Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- European Visiting Fellowship – France
- Centre of Orthopedique Santy
- Alps Surgery Institute
- UMDNJ/Rutgers – New Jersey Medical School
- Resident in Orthopedic Surgery
- Elected Administrative Chief Resident