Get the answers you need.
The physicians at Kayal Orthopaedic Center will perform a thorough physical examination, where they will observe the foot and ankle’s movement, and check for several distinguishing physical characteristics that indicate the condition’s presence.Our physicians will look for:
- Swelling from the lower leg to the inside of the foot and ankle
- Change in the shape of the foot, with either the heel tilted outward or the arch collapsed
- The presence of “too many toes” where, if looking at the heel from the back of the foot, more toes are visible than should be
- Ability to stand on one leg and rise up on the tiptoes
- Foot flexibility
- Limitations in the ankle’s range of motion
Imaging tests, such as an X-ray, an MRI, a CT Scan or an ultrasound, may be performed for further diagnosis confirmation.